Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Adventure Begins

Hello!

I'm Hila, and in September, I'm embarking on the most exciting adventure of my life. Joining with a dozen other teens I'm taking part in a four-month expedition to Ecuador to study their culture and learn from the native people. We'll explore the rainforest, raft Amazon rivers and climb one of the tallest active volcanoes in the world. I'm very excited!

But the adventure doesn't just begin in September. Before I go I have lots of preparation to do, including earning the $12,500 that is the cost of the program, quite an endeavor in itself! This blog is here so you can share some of my adventures in fundraising and preparing for the trip, and also as a place to exhibit the cards that I'm selling to raise money. Once we leave on the trip I'm hoping it'll be an easy transition from this blog to the Semester Trip blog if you want to follow our adventures in Ecuador as well.

Thanks for reading!

Hila

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you Hila! What a life changing adventure for you. I look forward to following your adventures!!
    Love,
    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete