Monday, January 31, 2011

Painting, Cards and Snowshoes

Hello!

Well, much has been going on lately, and I've finished another painting! Some photos of its various stages are below.

It's being printed up on cards that will be available soon. On that note, I just discovered the problem with ordering the cards, and it is FIXED. So now you really can order my cards, sorry to anyone who has previously tried to order cards to no avail!

My days have been filled with painting... every day for some portion of time I sit by our wood-stove, brushes and canvas in hand. I squeeze blobs of paint onto my palette and run my brush through the bright colors, watching them swirl beneath the fine hairs. And then I begin to paint.

I find it amazing how many emotions I can have just while sitting at the table, brushing colors onto a bit of canvas. It can be so satisfying, or meditative, or sometimes incredibly frustrating. I also like to listen to things while I paint, some times music, but most often radio programs. The BBC has a wonderful selection of programs on their website and I can pick anything from the latest science about biomimicry, to dramatizations of the works of Thomas Hardy and Jane Austen.

Every day I also try to do something else (or many other things) to further my fundraising. And today, with the help of my mum, I'm ready to send out a piece about a snowshoe fundraiser adventure!

Jon Wescott has very generously offered to be the leader, and I'm delighted that he can do it, he is a very fun outdoor guide and teacher. Some of my fondest memories are of field trips he led to a camp with sled dogs, where he took us hiking and skiing through the snowy woods. He is very safety conscious and also has a knack for including kids of all ages.


Here are some pictures of painting progress:







Hila

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! And I love the blog! It's all so great!
    Much love, Emma.
    PS I posted some new stuff on my blog--check it out! <3

    ReplyDelete